Friday, March 16, 2012

Pets of Martapa

As I look at my lazy cats lounging next to me as I try and be creative, I realize, you know what, even characters need pets. Here are some ideas for pets for your wandering adventurers:

The most common, of course, would be dogs and cats. Cats might be a little harder being on the road so much, but maybe they like to ride on horses or hang in a backpack. I've had some weird cats (including one that fetched like a dog and heeled better then some dogs) and it could be possible.

Parrots or other birds...Maybe your player wants that pirate look.

Some more fantastical animals might be pixie dragons, giant spiders, even a wolf. Let their imagination soar, though rein them in, as well. Giving them something to care about might give you something to do an adventure about later.

Happy Gaming!

No comments: