Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Vase of Katzu Part 23

The Vase of Katzu
The man in the chair stands and looks the party over with disdain. "I've hoped for many to be a challenge that would end this curse.  But all have failed.  I have put their bones in a pile outside my window so I can remember that no one receives that which they wish to have.  I will add your bones to my pile and mourn the loss of the hope of eternal death with them."  Then he draws his sword and attacks.

So the master is 4 levels higher then the party average, using a Vampire monster for his template, though he also is a fighter of the 4 levels higher then the party.  He has magical items and weapons and is most certainly not above using dirty tricks. When the party kills him, (if they do, muhaha), all the other "vampires" still alive will die, aging quickly and turning to dust.  Anyone, (like skeletons and Jarvis), still alive under the curse will also die.  Then the party can plunder at will.  The treasure they find is totally up to you because the "vampires" had years to accumulate wealth.

No comments: