Friday, May 7, 2021

My World of Martapa

 So lets talk about my world.

My world consists of two major continents and two major island groups.  At least at the moment.  There is some unexplored areas I could always use later if I have need to expand my universe. To give you a rough idea of what they are like lets start with Taina.

Taina is the northern continent and could be roughly equated to North America.  The west side of the continent is forest/farm land not unlike the west coast, (cough, cough, because that is what I know best), and the east would be more like the mid-west, with a little bit of coastal life on the east coast.  The northern part has harsh winters, the coasts are pretty mild, the interior of the west is fairly temperate and the east is hot and dry during the summer and cold and harsh during the winter.

Ariella is the southern continent could be equated to the African continent, with belts of lush growth and areas of arid deserts, with huge mountain ranges that seem to pop out of no where.

The Dwarven Islands could be best equated to Britain and Ireland, with highlands, bogs, and harsh landscapes.  This is a population which relies on fishing and herding of sheep and goats to feed the population, versus a lot of plant farming.

My last area is the Islands of Janesh.  I would picture these like Japan.  They have some gorgeous landscapes, but it is hard to eek out a living here, as well.  In the time of my stories, this is mostly destroyed and the remains yet to be discovered.

Happy writing!

No comments: