Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lists, and Lots of Them

As I get ready for school to start, I'm finding myself make lists for all sorts of things: Our First Lego League at school for the TAG kids, Battle of the Books, even my random volunteer times.  So I thought I might come up with one more list for your enjoyment...a list of what would be great to having during a roleplaying session.

For those who table top here is a good place to start:
A location.  Can't very well roleplay without someplace to do so.
Rule books.  Sometimes you just need the basic, but if you have a rules lawyer (I'm married to one) you'll need all the supplements you own.
Dice.  Make sure each player has their own to work with and you have lots for the bad guys.  It speeds things up greatly.
Lots of pencils, paper and erasers.  Your players are going to buy stuff, take damage and want to take notes. And remember pencils, never pens...
Battle Map and miniatures.  This is optional, but my kids love to have their character figures where they can see them and see what they are doing.
GM notes.  Nothing could be worse to not have the notes as to where you need to push your player characters and the monsters and encounters that will do so.
Background music.  If you like music for your battles and encounters, make sure this is set up ahead of time so not to take away from play time.
Snacks.  Feed the hungry wolves or they may turn on you at any time.
(Insert your favorite thing here).  What else do you like to bring to your table?

Happy Gaming!

No comments: