Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What is Martapa?

My world, named for my friends who roleplayed with me in college, is a fantasy based world of knights and mages, dragons and ogres, and everything in between. The world is made of two contients, Taina in the north and Ariella in the south. The north is occupied by the Knights of Tridon in the West and the Black Wizards of Shaniko in the East, separated only by the Tsalagi (Jah-la-gee) Mountains. In the south the Empire of Ariella reigns, with small pockets of independent life here and there. The major races of Martapa are Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Ogres, Minotaurs, and a race of cat people I have named Akicitia. There are other races as well, Fairies, Skiegs (my version of a goblin), and Winged Elves who have been lost to time. In my blog I plan on detailing the races, the landscape, the cultures, and the factions as best I can to help you roleplay in my world as my friends and I have done in the past. I hope you will hang in there with me and travel this road which will not only aid you in your game setting, but aid me on the road to finishing my novels I have set in this world. Welcome aboard.

1 comment:

Diane Lemery McDonald said...

Heather, this is going to be an exciting and fun adventure. I'm anxious to read more about the world of Martapa.

Diane Lemery McDonald
www.dianelmcdonald.blogspot.com