Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Gods of Martapa

Like all good worlds for roleplaying or books I have Gods who rule the world, mostly from a distance, but some from a much more personal level. There are nine what I term "Major Gods". These are the most powerful of the Gods, being the mothers and fathers of the "Minor Gods". The nine are also the Gods who created Martapa and have the most vested interest in her. The Nine Major Gods are as follows: Catiana, Goddess of Justice; Dasa, Goddess of Seduction and Ill-Used Love; Kahalla, God of Dark Magic, Darkness and Chaos; Lokar God of Undead, Night, and Death; Pezuta, Goddess of Good Luck, Good Wishes and of Fortune; Sarjon, God of War and Strategy; Taniger, God of Forges and Dwarves; Targon, God of Life Magic, Arcane Lore and Elves; and Tymara, Goddess of the Sun and Elements. There are many Minor Gods, more then I have created in my need for story arcs, but at the moment I have 10 Minor Gods fleshed out. If, in the future, after I have detailed the ones I have, you have need of another Minor God I would be more then happy to flesh him or her out. Those who worship the Gods are titled Mage (all magic users are termed mages or wizards which I will explain later). For roleplaying mechanics the use of a priest class would work just fine. I will start my series of Gods and how they could fit in your campaign tomorrow with my favorite, Targon. The God of Magic is a pivotal God in my stories and the most personable of the bunch. Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

JAMES BURKE said...

Excellent description of the basic of the Gods. This will help the reader understand some of the complexity as you develop the story.

James Burke Kellysreef.blogspot.com