Friday, January 21, 2022

Tidbits About the World of Martapa

 I thought I might share a few random facts about my world of Martapa today, just for fun!

1) The name Martapa is built up of my husband's and our friend's names, plus a few random letters.  Yeah, not the best way to name something, but I like it.

2) All of my main characters were a roleplaying character for the campaign I ran via the internet for our friend, my sister and us.

3) Elly was originally a gnome, because my sister loved gnomes, but I have no gnomes in my story world, so I had to make her a very small human.

4) Tarkil almost didn't live through our first meeting of the six main characters.  It was a good thing my husband wanted our friend to have fun and spared him.

5) Duncan was my husband's and he was not anything like what my husband usually roleplays with mages.  They are usually flashy, all powerful mages who have to show off their power.  He wanted someone who was humble and unassuming, yet powerful.  Thus Duncan was born.

6) There are quite a few scenes and conversations that are plucked right from our roleplaying sessions, though I had to clean them up to make them flow a little better.  I literally was writing a story as I went since I would send anywhere from 1 page to 5 pages out ever three days to my group.  It was fun!  So when it came to writing the first book I had a VERY good outline I'd already written. And though some of the subplots were not in the original sessions, I was weaving in a lot of the main plot, even if we never got to them.

Keep on writing!

No comments: