Monday, August 10, 2015

Combat in Martapa

The combat order, and how it runs, will really depend on what system you are using.  Like I've mentioned in the past, my husband and I use Pathfinder and like it's combat system.  But that doesn't mean you couldn't use any combat system you like.  Some systems have a good, believable rule where if you sustain so much damage you have to make a constitution check, (or something similar), to see if you stay on your feet.  This makes for dramatic effects if fighting a major bad guy, and although he has lots of hit points a PC makes an awesome hit and the fight is still on.  It makes the battle memorable!  Pathfinder has an optional rule where if you fail your save if you take half your hit points, (50 point minimum), you actually die.  Hackmaster has a rule where if you fail the save you are out of combat for a certain amount of time.  I like a nice mix, (the 50 hit point minimum, but no instant death).  Having this rule in play is definitely up to your group, since it is very altering in the outcome of the game.  My point is, any fantasy combat system should work just fine for my world of Martapa setting.

Happy Gaming!

No comments: