Thursday, August 19, 2010

Houses of Tridon, Part I

After Peter and his friends rescued Tiana from the ogres and their kin, the business of making a functioning government had to happen. Of course, this is never a good read since none of us really like worrying about government in the real world. But I thought about it long in hard since it is very central to my plots for not only my High King's Sword series, but my original War of the Gods series (which needs serious work on them) as well. So following are the Houses of Tridon after Peter. Those with asterisks after them fall before the War of the Gods to Shaniko's minions, all of which are on the east side of Tiana:
1st House: Vandez
2nd House: Cole
3rd House: Brightwater
4th House: Bloodhelm
5th House: Eton
6th House: Goldleaf
7th House: Weatherworn
8th House: Pathfinder
9th House: Greenthorne
10th House: Merryweather
11th House: Calabay
12th House: Varanath
13th House: Tayke*
14th House: Landshire*
15th House: Sunvale*
16th House: Karoon*

Of course over all of these is the House of Peter Thorson, the throne of the High King in Stormvale. In the next few weeks I will take you through a brief history, location, trade goods, emblems and colors, and other tidbits of each House, to give you a good working idea of the ruling class of my world and the places they call home.

No comments: