Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Writing

As the school year, both college and primary, comes to an end for the summer, if you are a parent, try to get some time to yourself to write, (or make up that next adventure).  As the mother of two elementary students, time during the summer for yourself is precious.  Here's a few ideas on how to sneak in your writing time.

For me, my free time is after my  husband leaves for work and before my kids bound out of bed.  It doesn't leave me a whole lot of time, but sometimes it's enough.  I use to try and get chores done during this time, but that can happen when the kids are up.  Quiet time is needed for writing.

Those day camps...for me driving my kids to day camp and then home then back again is not an option.  I live too far from most camps (yes, I live in the boonies) to drive back and forth like that.  So for me, I grab a pad of paper and use this unproductive time for productive writing time.  There are some days I get whole chapters written because of this.

When you go to the park with the kiddos...I take something on paper to edit.  Or again with the note book and try to outline.  It's too hard to try and write while you are watching the kids at the park, but editing a paragraph at a time isn't that difficult.


Most important thing, keep on writing!

No comments: