Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Writing During the Summer...For Your Kids

I don't know about your children, but mine are out of school in a few days.  They plan on hanging with friends, playing video games and lounging a lot.  I plan for them to do chores and not let their brain die slowly over the summer.  One of my children loves to write, so I figured I'd have both of them write down what they do this summer.  No big long essays, though I'll shoot for essay type writing, but just something to keep their brain working.  Basically I'll have them write their own "Blog" but not on-line.  I also suggest, for other fun brain activities, that they read books and do a little math, just to keep sharp.  You can find good, free on-line worksheets for any level and there is usually good help guides for those parents that don't have an engineer or rocket scientist as a spouse to explain the math to their children.

Happy Summer!

No comments: