Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Minor Gods of Martapa

The minor Gods are many, but I have only managed to flesh out a few for my novels. If, after I've described the ones I have, you need some other minor God for that roleplaying priest that hasn't found his or her niche, let me know. I'll get right to work on it. My purpose of this blog is to flesh out the world for me as much as it is for you, the roleplayer. Now the name "minor God" is a misnomer. They are only minor Gods in the sense they came after the original nine. They were born after the nine came and created the world of Martapa, but in power and standing they are no less then the others. All are children of the original nine Gods and Goddesses, with parents that may or may not correspond with their light or dark status. Aiyana would be the most notable of these mixtures as her mother is Dasa, a dark God, and her father is Targon, for all purposes a neutral God. The minor Gods and Goddess I have fleshed out are as follows: Aiyana, Goddess of Love and Innocence, Furere, God of Storms and Winds, Iktomi, God of Nature, Molestus, God of Pain, Shade, Goddess of Battle, Sircarius, God of Assassins and Thieves, Somniare, Goddess of Bad Luck, Ill Omens and Stolen Dreams, Tinaka, Goddess of Healing, Vates, God of Bards and Minstrels, Wesa, Goddess of Animals. Many of these show up in my books, several don't even get mentioned, but they were fun to create for my friends and family when I took them for tour through my world in a roleplaying campaign.

Roleplaying Tip: You may wonder where I picked up all these weird names. I find a Latin Dictionary is a wonder as are native languages. Iktomi means spider in Lakotah, Wesa means cat in Cherokee. Sircarius, (spelled Sicarius in Latin), would mean Assaissin. Don't be afraid to broaden your horizons when it comes to your language use, it adds spice.
Tomorrow: Aiyana, Goddess of Love

No comments: